Welcome to Driving the Green, a blog about golf course architecture visualization using 3D and games technologies. All comments are welcome. To become a friend of this blog scroll down the bottom of the page and look on the right hand side of the footer.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

New bits and pieces and Windows 7

Currently in the process of upgrading my home PC with some new parts on the way. First part is a new video card, my current dinosaur is a 8000 series Nvidia which totally sucks.

 



Here is a photo of my new graphics card which I ordered yesterday:

4870_iceq4pg_3_1600

It is a HIS HD 4870 IceQ 4+ with 1GB GDDR5 ram. The GPU on this card is one of AMD’s high end graphics processors for desktop systems with a mind boggling 956 million transistors in the chip. 

The other hardware is 2 x Western Digital 640GB 7200rpm hard drives which will be used in RAID 0 setup.

wd_640 
I will have the new parts installed this coming week prior to installing the final release version of Windows 7 which I get free through the IT course I’m doing.

I’ll post how the new system is going and some information on how it all works with Windows 7, Links 2003, and APCD.

1 comments:

Unknown August 4, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

That would be useful as I am getting it when it is released in October

Contact Details

Lindsay Addie:
Email: lindsay.addie@gmail.com
WLM: My email address is my login name.
Lindsay Addie | Create Your Badge
Lindsay Addie


Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friends of Driving the Green

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates

Back to TOP